2020 Honda Pilot Safety Rating
If you’re looking for a reliable SUV to keep you safe as you make your way through Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores, then the 2020 Honda Pilot safety ratings are sure to impress. With an advanced collection of safety features and a design that’s built with safety in mind, this Honda SUV has everything you need to stay protected. Learn more about the Pilot safety ratings and what some of the industry’s top safety organizations had to say with the experts at Jeffrey Honda.
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
The 2020 Honda Pilot was put to the test by the IIHS, and after seeing how it held up in the event of a collision, it was named a 2019 Top Safety Pick.* It received the following safety ratings across several categories, which include:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good*
- Passenger-Side: Acceptable*
- Moderate overlap front: Good*
- Side: Good*
- Roof strength: Good*
- Head restraints and seats: Good*
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)*
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)*
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable*
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
In addition, the 2020 Pilot was also assessed by the NHTSA and was awarded the following crash test ratings:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars**
- Frontal Crash: 4 Stars**
- Side Crash: 5 Stars**
- Rollover: 4 Stars**
2020 Pilot Safety Features
The strong Pilot safety ratings would not be possible without the Honda Sensing® safety suite, which is packed with a wide range of driver-assist and safety features such as:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) – When there’s the potential for a frontal collision, this feature will help your Pilot brake to avoid it.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) – Using sensors in the rearview mirror, this system can detect if you’re about to leave your lane and provide steering and braking assistance to keep you where you need to be.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – Maintain a set speed while on Grosse Pointe streets and keep a safe set distance from the vehicle in front of you.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – This feature adjusts steering to keep you and your Pilot within the lane markings.
Feel Safer in a 2020 Pilot From Jeffrey Honda
Once you’ve had a look at the Pilot safety ratings, you can learn more about this SUV’s fuel economy and configurations when you make your way over to Jeffrey Honda and experience this impressive SUV in person. Be sure to take a look at our inventory of new Pilot models to see what suits you best or learn more about the 2020 Pilot’s cargo space. Contact us today for more information and to schedule a test drive near Sterling Heights!
More About the 2020 Pilot
No matter if you’re running errands around Grosse Pointe, or need some extra space to haul work equipment through St. Clair Shores roads, the 2020 Honda Pilot cargo space enables you the cabin to tackle it all. This sleek and spacious Honda crossover offers ample storage and passenger space along with many other features to secure your belongings…
If you’re looking for a reliable SUV to keep you safe as you make your way through Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores, then the 2020 Honda Pilot safety ratings are sure to impress. With an advanced collection of safety features and a design that’s built with safety in mind, this Honda SUV has everything you need to stay…
The new 2020 Honda Pilot color options create one of the most important choices you’ll make as you decide on which new SUV to buy. While it’s easy to make an argument that engine performance, technological features, and the safety suite are far more important, one vital fact still remains: what’s the use of buying…
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.