2018 Honda Accord vs. 2018 Toyota Camry
The 2018 Honda Accord and the 2018 Toyota Camry are among the most popular vehicles in the country, so it’s no surprise that Roseville drivers often end up comparing the two. There’s really no wrong option: both models are at the top of the midsize sedan segment thanks to an artful blend of power, efficiency, space, and technology. However, you’ll have to choose between the two eventually, so use this quick and easy comparison to ensure that you make the right decision.
Powertrains and MPG
Both the 2018 Accord and the 2018 Camry will see Jeffrey Honda drivers deciding between either a four-cylinder or a V6; with either choice, you’ll receive stronger performance
and superior efficiency scores when you opt for the Honda Accord.
The Accord’s engine options include:
- 2.4L Four-Cylinder: Makes up to 192 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque. On the LX, EX, and EX-L models, you’ll get up to 30 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.*
- 3.5L V6: The Honda Accord V6 is potent enough to command up to 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. A 6-speed automatic transmission comes standard to make up to 29 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.*
The 2018 Toyota Camry engine options suffer markedly in comparison:
- 2.5L Four-Cylinder: The Camry’s 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque may shine next to the Honda Accord four-cylinder, yet mileage tops out at a relatively unimpressive 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
- 3.5L V6: The Toyota Camry six-cylinder makes 301 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque while allowing for just 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
No matter the Toyota Camry engine you opt for, you’ll be burning more fuel.
Cabin space really matters when it comes to midsize sedans; they need to offer plenty of cargo and passenger room to fit around your changing needs. With up to 103.2 cubic feet of passenger space and 15.8 cubic feet of cargo space vs. 102.7 and 15.4 with the Camry, the Accord really does lead the class.
- Headroom: Up to 39.1 inches in the front of the 2018 Accord vs. just 38.8 in the front of the 2018 Camry.
- Legroom: Up to a 42.5 inches in the front of the 2018 Accord vs. just 41.6 in the front of the 2018 Camry.
Comfort and Convenience Features
The new Honda Accord doesn’t just offer greater interior space than the new Toyota Camry — it also fills that space with state-of-the-art technologie
s for drivers from Grosse Pointe to enjoy.
- 10-Way Power Driver’s Seat: Includes power lumbar support and two-position memory settings to ensure perfect support during every journey. The Toyota Camry available 8-way power seats can’t quite compete.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: The Camry also fits a rearview camera as standard, but it lacks the multiple viewing modes (Normal, Wide, and Top-down) that makes the Honda Accord rearview monitor so unique.
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™: The 2018 Accord makes it easy to sync up your smartphone to the vehicle’s systems. Use either Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ functionality to do just that, then control your smartphone’s features through the touchscreen display.
The Honda Accord also offers a string of safety features that St. Clair Shores drivers won’t be able to take advantage of with the 2018 Camry, including:
- Lane Keep Assist: The Lane Departure Warning System lets you know if you begin to deviate from your chosen lane without signaling. Should you fail to heed that alert, the Lane Keep Assist system will provide corrective steering to keep you centered.
- Honda LaneWatch: A small camera mounted below your passenger side mirror will automatically display a video feed of your blind spot on the Accord’s touchscreen system when you signal.
The 2018 Honda Accord Outclasses the 2018 Toyota Camry
The 2018 Honda Accord is superior to the 2018 Toyota Camry, as the Camry can’t match the sophisticated powertrains, high-end technologies, and impressive safety features of the 2018 Honda Accord. To find out more, just contact Jeffrey Honda today.
More from Jeffrey Honda
Contact Us HondaLink is a connectivity suite that enhances your daily drive in a variety of ways. The HondaLink first-generation system allowed drivers to connect their compatible smartphone to do a few convenient things that improved driver safety, including: Hands-Free Calling Phonebook Access Music Streaming Selected App Access Advanced Technology The updated HondaLink next-generation software…
New Vehicle Inventory The generous Honda warranty package offers outstanding protection for your investment, so you can drive with total confidence. From the 5-year Honda powertrain warranty to roadside assistance, you’ll be blown away by the options provided by the Honda new car warranty. Learn the basics at Jeffrey Honda in Roseville – just a…
Contact Us When scouring our inventory for your new vehicle, you may wonder what is the difference between a manual vs. automatic transmission – and why does it matter for you. We’re here to break down the main types of transmissions: manual, automatic, and CVT. Whether you want the control of a manual model or…