2018 Honda Accord vs. 2018 Toyota Camry
The 2018 Honda Accord and the 2018 Toyota Camry are among the most popular vehicles in the country, so it’s no surprise that Roseville drivers often end up comparing the two. There’s really no wrong option: both models are at the top of the midsize sedan segment thanks to an artful blend of power, efficiency, space, and technology. However, you’ll have to choose between the two eventually, so use this quick and easy comparison to ensure that you make the right decision.
Powertrains and MPG
Both the 2018 Accord and the 2018 Camry will see Jeffrey Honda drivers deciding between either a four-cylinder or a V6; with either choice, you’ll receive stronger performance
and superior efficiency scores when you opt for the Honda Accord.
The Accord’s engine options include:
- 2.4L Four-Cylinder: Makes up to 192 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque. On the LX, EX, and EX-L models, you’ll get up to 30 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.*
- 3.5L V6: The Honda Accord V6 is potent enough to command up to 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. A 6-speed automatic transmission comes standard to make up to 29 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.*
The 2018 Toyota Camry engine options suffer markedly in comparison:
- 2.5L Four-Cylinder: The Camry’s 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque may shine next to the Honda Accord four-cylinder, yet mileage tops out at a relatively unimpressive 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
- 3.5L V6: The Toyota Camry six-cylinder makes 301 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque while allowing for just 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
No matter the Toyota Camry engine you opt for, you’ll be burning more fuel.
Cabin space really matters when it comes to midsize sedans; they need to offer plenty of cargo and passenger room to fit around your changing needs. With up to 103.2 cubic feet of passenger space and 15.8 cubic feet of cargo space vs. 102.7 and 15.4 with the Camry, the Accord really does lead the class.
- Headroom: Up to 39.1 inches in the front of the 2018 Accord vs. just 38.8 in the front of the 2018 Camry.
- Legroom: Up to a 42.5 inches in the front of the 2018 Accord vs. just 41.6 in the front of the 2018 Camry.
Comfort and Convenience Features
The new Honda Accord doesn’t just offer greater interior space than the new Toyota Camry — it also fills that space with state-of-the-art technologie
s for drivers from Grosse Pointe to enjoy.
- 10-Way Power Driver’s Seat: Includes power lumbar support and two-position memory settings to ensure perfect support during every journey. The Toyota Camry available 8-way power seats can’t quite compete.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: The Camry also fits a rearview camera as standard, but it lacks the multiple viewing modes (Normal, Wide, and Top-down) that makes the Honda Accord rearview monitor so unique.
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™: The 2018 Accord makes it easy to sync up your smartphone to the vehicle’s systems. Use either Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ functionality to do just that, then control your smartphone’s features through the touchscreen display.
The Honda Accord also offers a string of safety features that St. Clair Shores drivers won’t be able to take advantage of with the 2018 Camry, including:
- Lane Keep Assist: The Lane Departure Warning System lets you know if you begin to deviate from your chosen lane without signaling. Should you fail to heed that alert, the Lane Keep Assist system will provide corrective steering to keep you centered.
- Honda LaneWatch: A small camera mounted below your passenger side mirror will automatically display a video feed of your blind spot on the Accord’s touchscreen system when you signal.
The 2018 Honda Accord Outclasses the 2018 Toyota Camry
The 2018 Honda Accord is superior to the 2018 Toyota Camry, as the Camry can’t match the sophisticated powertrains, high-end technologies, and impressive safety features of the 2018 Honda Accord. To find out more, just contact Jeffrey Honda today.
More from Jeffrey Honda
View Inventory Savvy shoppers know that there are countless benefits of used cars, including lower depreciation and lower cost, but how do you find the best buy for your hard-earned buck? Jeffrey Honda has the top tips for buying a used car or Honda Certified Used Car, so you can have total peace of mind…
Schedule Service If you’re struggling to see clearly during rainy drives, it’s time to learn how to replace windshield wiper blades. Replacing a set of damaged blades takes only minutes at home or at the service department, and this simple repair can have a drastic effect on your visibility and safety. Why Changing Windshield Wiper…
Schedule Service There’s never a good time for the check engine light to appear. What does the check engine light mean? It can mean anything from easy fixes, to major repairs. Whether you’re in Grosse Pointe or St. Clair Shores, Jeffrey Honda in Roseville always has you covered. Our expert service department will quickly diagnose…