Top 5 Honda CR-V Safety Offerings That Make This Stellar SUV One of America’s Safest Vehicles
The popular2017 Honda CR-V has added another accolade to its roster of honors: a Top Safety Pick+ designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety*.
The Top Safety Pick+ rating is the highest the IIHS grants to vehicles. The CR-V earned the recognition when equipped with available Honda Sensing technologies and LED headlights. When equipped with available Honda Sensing features, which come standard onboard the CR-V EX trim level and above, the CR-V received a “Superior” rating for frontal crash prevention. The CR-V further earned the top rating of “Good” in all five of the IIHS crash tests.
CR-V Safety Stats
There are a lot of reasons the award-winning Honda CR-V should be at the top of your list when you’re shopping for an exceptional SUV. Here are five of the top safety-related reasons that should compel you to run right out and make this SUV your own!
- Standard Features Aplenty: The CR-V delivers many safety and driver-assist features that come standard across the full trim level lineup—no upgrade required! These cutting-edge features include Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control, an anti-lock braking system, electronic brake distribution, Brake Assist, a tire pressure monitoring system, LED daytime running lights, an advanced airbag with smart features, and more!
- A Clear View of What’s Behind You: Another of the CR-V’s standard features is its multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines (dynamic guidelines offered for the higher trim levels). Accidents that happen while a vehicle is in reverse can not only be damaging but devastating. With this high-tech camera system, drivers can always clearly see objects, pets, and children that are in the CR-V’s path as the vehicle is driven in reverse—and the result is significantly enhanced peace of mind knowing the way is clear behind you.
- Honda Sensing on the Alert: Fully autonomous vehicles aren’t here quite yet—but Honda’s cutting-edge Honda Sensing technologies are about as close as innovation has come so far! These state-of-the-art driver-assist features, standard in all but the CR-V base model, include a Collision Mitigation Braking System, Road Departure Mitigation System, a Lane Keeping Assist System, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow.
- ACEing Collisions: Honda’s proprietary Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure comes standard onboard every new Honda vehicle, including the CR-V. This innovative body design has been created to absorb and deflect frontal crash energy and help mitigate the amount of crash force that is transferred into the vehicle’s cabin. ACE body structure can even help more evenly distribute collision energy to other vehicles involved in an accident.
- Blind No More! The CR-V’s advanced protective features include technology designed to help eliminate the dangers associated with blind spots. The Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSI) with Cross-Traffic Monitor, which comes standard onboard all but the base model, employs radar sensors to detect vehicles at the side of and behind the CR-V. If the system determines another vehicle may be in the driver’s blind spot, alerts are issued to the driver. The accompanying Cross-Traffic Monitor alerts drivers if a vehicle is approaching while the CR-V is being operated in reverse, boasting a side-to-side warning distance of up to 82 feet on either side.
Ready to Experience the CR-V?
Drivers can check out the 2017 Honda CR-V in person and experience its cutting-edge safety features at Jeffrey Honda. Come in and see us or contact us today to take the exceptional CR-V for a test drive!